Hello Photographers! Today is the day 42/365 Days Photo Challenge!
? Photo Exercise #42
How to Create Ghosting Effect!
In this exercise I'll show you how you can create ghosting effect on your portraits, get rid of people while shooting architecture and cityscapes and how to use long shutter speed during the daylight!
?? Things you will need:
3. ND filters ( you should have at least one, I recommend to get nd500. Make sure the filter size fits your lens )
4. People ( Crowded places will do )
5. Model for Portraits
1. Shoot in Raw
2. Keep ISO value as low as possible to have less noise on the image
3. Set your aperture somewhere between f/7 to f/20 range ( f/1.2 to f/5 for portraits )
4. Use a shutter speed of about 1-4 seconds ( use more than 4 sec you want to erase people or other moving objects completely )
⏰ Approximate time to fulfill:
The most important thing to remember is to have your camera stable during the shooting. Avoid shaking at all cost just like with long exposure technique! When you press the shutter button you can shake your camera to avoid this I suggest to set up 2-10 sec timer so camera has a time to become stable again after you pressed a button. Remember that people and objects which are not moving during the long exposure will stay in focus. Use it to create something awesome!
▪️ Send me an email to email@example.com
▪️ Subject line: Photo Exercise #42
▪️ Attach your photos to receive a feedback
▪️ Ask me a question if you have any doubts
⚡️ Useful links: